The British art blogger Katherine Tyrrell has found a superinteresting link about the top ten tips for being an artist.
They’re not just about being a portrait artist. Indeed a botanical artist friend of mine said she could identify with every one!
So what are they?
Top 10 tips for being an artist
These are the headlines for her top 10 tips – but you need to read Top 10 Tips: Award-winning artist Susanne du Toit to find out her reasons for these tips. It’s a jolly good and recommended read.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people
- Find the art form that you love the most
- Be able to endure working alone
- Accept your limitations
- Know your subjects
- Don’t rush, take your time
- Use photos to help you, but don’t work from them alone
- Be prepared for people not always liking your work
- Paint for yourself and be honest
- Remember what is important to you and pursue that